When I arrived back home in Sydney from three weeks in Canada, this guy greeted me!
I feel so lucky.
Truth is, Luther and I have a really good marriage. There are things we do wrong in careers, parenting and life, definitely things we haven't achieved and OF COURSE we've made our share of mistakes, but at being married -- we're experts. We've always been really really good at it.
Here are our secrets:
1. Pick the right person. (And yes, sometimes this takes a few tries!! Our top parenting advice is this: tell your kids how important it is to choose the right partner. It makes or breaks your life.)
2. Talk (& talk & talk & talk). It's our favourite shared activity. Twenty-two years on, we still have so much to say to each other.
3. Tell everyone -- and yourself -- how lucky you are to have the partner you have. Appreciate each other.
4. Be kind.
And here's the surprise Secret to a Happy Marriage:
5. Be fun to live with. (Because...who wants to live with boring? And being fun starts with you.)
That's it. Choose well. Be kind. Do you what you love, together. Appreciate each other. Be fun to live with. I think the world needs a kindness revolution, and it's good to start with the people we love.
Enjoy your weekend, everyone. I'm so happy to be home with my guy.
- Got 99 cents to encourage 17 year old Aussie composer Alexander Lau? I bought this romantic piece and it's so pretty. (You'll scroll down & click on "Single" to buy. The song will go into your Download folder.) You can find Alexander here. (he's studying for Year 12 exams right now, and I'm sure he'd love the encouragement!!)
- Want to make mussels for dinner? Delicious and inexpensive!
- Ready to Write Your Book This Year? Join me in my online class for five weeks in August. More info here!