Happy International Women's Day (for Thursday)! Claire, Rena, Heather, Rita, Sharon, Julia, Margie, you, you, all of you all around the globe, I wish I could call you all by name and tell you my idea:
Could we try ADDING, not subtracting this year?
Instead of stopping things (like bad habits) can we think about adding in better ones? Can we, together, decide to go BIG in 2018?
I know that sometimes the world wants us to be small.
I know that sometimes we want to 'get healthy' and be physically smaller. But even if it's time for you (like it is for me) to take gentler care of our faithful, hardworking bodies, can we think about body-care as ADDING, not subtracting? Can we think, I'm adding in more water, more greens, more sleep, more positive comments about myself?
Can we think, I'm adding more love into my life. For everyone. And for me.
Today I want to give you one of my favourite poems of all time...because once an English major, always an English major. This is by American poet, Ada Limon.
It's about being big. And being female. And adding more. It's in honour of us and International Women's Day.
I hope you love it.
Enjoy sharing your big female heart this weekend! Be fun to live with!
Love Catherine x
PS. I love these awesome everyday women doing their thing in the world:
- Kailey and Josianne, who say bonjour from my beloved Canada! They're helping kids get calm by teaching children, parents and teachers simple mindfulness techniques (in the classroom and our homes). Easy & affordable, truly. It's flow for kids!
- Sophie Coombes, who pivoted from a publishing career into being the most creative marriage celebrant in Sydney. Sophie told me, "I love Love stories." Sophie, I love that line. And I would like to use it in a novel.
- Watch this sweet animation called Mr and Mrs Toast created by Sarah Barnabe. Sarah's a fab designer in Victoria, British Columbia and you can find her work here.
- If a girlfriend sent you this email, you can get your own anytime. Happiness every weekend in your inbox!
- And this post from Instagram, in case you missed it :) Makes me smile.