Hi from my sunny backyard!
I'm writing to you this morning (in my pjs, too excited to shower first or get dressed) because I read something important and I wanted to tell you.
This one's a life-changer.
The concept comes via Ramit Sethi, an entrepreneur. He wrote a Manifesto for 2018 about the stories we tell ourselves. Read it here. It's fascinating.
He asked a key question: what if some of our stories about ourselves are wrong? Maybe we've outgrown them, or they were given to us by other people. (I'm too loud. I can't sing. I'm not creative.)
This passage from Ramit's Manifesto stuck with me:
What if I...?
People WANT to help you.
Is it time to tell ourselves a new story?
- What if I stopped being an unhappy person at work?
- What if I fell in love in 2018 (with someone, or with something new)?
- What if I brushed my hair and called my silver roots pretty?
Or maybe we could try something a lot bigger. Like this:
- What if I moved (my family) to another country?
- What if I adopted a child? Or hosted an orphan for a few weeks?
- What if I started my own business? (Incredible, my friend Kristen did all three.)
WHAT IF the best is yet to come?
(Click twice on the image - tech issues, sorry - to hear Frank Sinatra sing it! Best. Song. Ever.)
2018, you're packed with potential. And so are we, every one of us.
Love Catherine x
PS. Here's my very personal, embarrassing story about starting LATE and starting imperfectly!
Welcome to all my new readers! Hello, you're in good company! You can catch up on 104 fun posts and Aussie photos here, on my website. And read about my writing journey and my upcoming book here. Thank you for joining us.