When we were in school or uni, we spent a lot of time learning, and now...maybe not so much.
But we can learn almost anything for free. How to play guitar or dance the Mambo, juggle or knit a scarf, fix a laptop or plait hair or draw a building.
Hello, YouTube. Hello, Khan Academy. Hello, Internet.
Nonetheless, I come up with a ton of reasons why (as Ramit Sethi says) I'm a 'special snowflake' and it won't work for me. Too hard. Too busy. Not sure what I want to try.
But here's the truth: the quickest way to feel fantastic is to learn something new. (It can be something very small!)
Time to wave goodbye to snowflake-y reasons and learn. (Because, yes, I really want to know how to Mambo.)
Fun stuff for you guys -- because you're the best:
- Learn to juggle
- Play I'm Yours on the ukulele
- Learn to spin a pencil
- Dance the mambo (um, okay this video is all a bit LEGS! Sorry.)
- Learn to draw
- Take free online courses from Harvard University
- Magic...make a coin vanish
- Learn quick mental math tricks
- Touch type...have you learned yet?
- Learn Russian, Danish, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and more for free